Pasaca Capital Inc. is a private equity firm headquartered in Pasadena, CA. Primarily focused on control equity investments, Pasaca targets innovative technologies and products and help their inventors maximize their commercial values in global market through funding, strategic transformations, and formulating and executing global marketing strategies. Pasaca’s investments and investment focus range across many sectors, including medical devices and technologies, Chinese life care, advanced materials and nanotechnology, telecommunications technology, and health and advanced nutrition. Pasaca currently has offices in US, Hong Kong, Singapore, mainland China and Europe. The company currently does not seek outside capital, but plans to expand its funding and club-investing strategies. Innova Medical Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Pasaca Capital, Inc. and is headquartered in Pasadena, CA.
The job will be in-office and remote. The person would need to come to our office in Pasadena, CA at scheduled times, as frequently as 3 days each week, but sometimes less frequently. A willingness to travel to complete projects will also be expected.
- Support the Chief Legal Officer and General Counsel on a broad variety of general legal topics including transactional, product development, commercial, technology, regulatory, intellectual property, marketing, consumer protection, employment, financial, and privacy law topics, and other related legal matters.
- Prepare extensive transaction-specific documentation, help manage and close investment and acquisition transactions.
- Conduct legal due diligence and review documentation related to proposed transactions.
- Assist in structuring, negotiating and implementing commercial, collaborative and joint venture transactions.
- Assist in the compliance review of corporate communications, advertising and marketing materials, promotions and similar matters.
- Identify and analyze legal issues, and effectively communicating sound, understandable legal recommendations to the appropriate business team members.
- Actively participating in a collaborative manner in cross-functional business teams to identify, evaluate, and resolve complex business issues.
- Willingness to handle other projects and matters as may be assigned from time to time.
- Work with and supervise outside counsel on various legal matters, as appropriate.
- J.D with at least 3 years legal experience, preferably in the corporate or transactional department of a law firm or in an in-house legal department handling complex corporate and transactional matters, although willing to consider strong candidates with other experience.
- Experience in product development, medical devices, intellectual property transactions, complex regulatory environments and/or as a corporate generalist, is a strong plus.
- Must be tech-savvy and possess a strong willingness to learn.
- Top academic record and large-firm experience preferred.
- Creative problem solver with team focus and “can do” attitude.
- Ability to manage work load and multi-task with a sense of urgency, ability to meet deadlines within a dynamic, fluid environment.
- Excellent judgment and ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess strong issue identification and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Independent, self-starter, ability to take initiative.
- Ability to learn quickly and work with minimal supervision and with a team.
- Experience in interacting and communicating with all levels of operations.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Good standing with the California State Bar.
This job may be subject to a background check, consistent with state and local law, including where applicable the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the California Fair Chance Act.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.