Title: Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
Reports to: CFO
About the Company: Innova Medical Group, the world’s largest provider of rapid antigen tests. Innova Medical Group, Inc. delivers better global health outcomes with its deep expertise in testing, unique offerings in diagnostic medical devices and services that help tackle some of the world’s most challenging healthcare problems. Innova specializes in innovative screening, testing and diagnostics for cancer, heart disease, arterial calcification, stroke and virus detection focused on infectious diseases. In response to the global pandemic, Innova developed an end-to-end ecosystem of rapid diagnostic and screening tests, along with digital reporting and tracing applications to help organizations manage the COVID-19 crisis.
About the role: The Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) will serve as a key member of the financial leadership team and as a key interface between finance, senior operational management, and the corporate management team. This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and will be the first member of the FP&A team.
This role will be responsible for building out the first bottom-up financial plan for a global entity with multiple subsidiaries in the medical device industry. In addition, this role will be primarily responsible for delivering value-added business analysis as well as defining and reporting meaningful financial and operational metrics that lead to insightful, accurate business decision-making. The position will establish a function that has a comprehensive understanding of all key business drivers and sophisticated financial models that enable the team to deliver insightful, value-added analysis across the company.
- Prepare a monthly reporting package that includes full financial statements, comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, operational dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual-versus-budget variances, and comprehensive executive level explanations that enable timely decisions to be made.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting for the Board of Directors and PE ownership.
- Drive an efficient, effective, and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to the company’s strategic objectives.
- Develop and manage the company’s annual budget and quarterly forecasts, which will include establishing budget tools, setting timelines and acting as project manager for the company, ensuring all budgets are accurate, comprehensive, and completed on time.
- Prepare and monitor the company’s long-range strategic planning models.
- Provide detailed financial modeling, financial analysis, and valuation support for new product development, long-term contracts, and other ad-hoc financial projects.
- Drive selection and implementation of the Financial Planning tool.
- Provide a high level of thought to drive improvement and lead projects to enhance the reporting and analytical infrastructure.
- Develop and enhance competitive and customer intelligence, economic data, and technology trends.
- Support business growth and assist the sales organization and underwriting group in costing, pricing, and analyzing prospective new business.
- Ability to convert financial information into business terminology and influence the change of outcomes.
- Maintain open and trusted relationships and function as a business partner with client management and delivery group leaders. The ability to influence through factual persuasive argument is vital.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ Years of relevant professional experience in Investment Banking, and/or private industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or closely related field required.
- Health care, biotech, or manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Experience with Netsuite ERP and planning tools such as Adaptive Insights or equivalent is preferred.
- Ability to work with various levels of the organization in support of goals and objectives.
- Sharp focus on bringing value to the business based on revenue growth and data-driven insight.
- Proven ability to drive business results by empowering people and collaborating.
- Must be a self-starter prepared to roll up his/her sleeves to take on any number of tasks required by a small fast growing company.
- Flexibility to quickly adapt to changing business environment and priorities.
- Be innately curious and not satisfied with surface answers.
Legal authorization to work in the United States is required.