Innova Medical Group, the world’s largest provider of rapid antigen tests. Innova Medical Group, Inc. delivers better global health outcomes with its deep expertise in testing, unique offerings in diagnostic medical devices and services that help tackle some of the world’s most challenging healthcare problems. Innova specializes in innovative screening, testing and diagnostics for cancer, heart disease, arterial calcification, stroke and virus detection focused on infectious diseases. In response to the global pandemic, Innova developed an end-to-end ecosystem of rapid diagnostic and screening tests, along with digital reporting and tracing applications to help organizations manage the COVID-19 crisis.
About the role: To support our rapid growth, we are looking for a proven and collaborative Corporate Controller to lead all accounting operations globally. In this role, you will report to the CFO. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience growing and scaling globally dispersed teams as well as leading process and system improvements. Our ideal candidate should be adept at moving seamlessly between deep-in-the weeds daily accounting activities to strategic thinking and problem-solving. The Controller will have strong technical skills and passion for process balanced by proven leadership abilities to build and train a team in a rapidly scaling “start-up”.
- Lead, scale and partner with a growing global team responsible for all accounting and financial reporting
- Establish and maintain the company accounting principles, policies, practices, procedures and financial control systems in accordance with all regulatory bodies and stakeholders
- Manage month-end, quarter-end, and annual close processes, including the development of close procedures that ensure timely and accurate consolidated financial results in accordance with US GAAP and local statutory requirements
- Consolidate multiple entity monthly and quarterly results and prepare management and Board of Directors packages
- Partner regularly with operations and site management to develop scalable controls and processes around inventory, production, and logistics
- Own the annual financial and statutory audits and related activities
- Devise and lead process and system improvement projects required to maintain efficient and effective operations
- Oversee and ensure a timely and efficient month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and SOX
- Interface with external auditors, tax preparers, third party ERP vendors and other financial / accounting advisors
- Manage financial systems (NetSuite experience preferred, but not required)
- Manage cost accounting and inventory
- Track and report key financial and operational metrics
- Mentor and develop a high performing accounting team
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and CPA is required
- Experience in bio tech, medical device, or manufacturing industry is required
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP and acquisition accounting experience
- Must have strong ERP system implementation and/or integration skills
- Ability to communicate with non-accounting professionals clearly and concisely
- Must have strong Excel skills and be tech savvy
- High degree of integrity including ability to successfully handle sensitive or confidential information
- Proven ability to drive business results by empowering people and collaborating
- Must be a self-starter prepared to roll up his/her sleeves to take on any number of tasks required by a fast-growing company
- Flexibility to quickly adapt to changing business environment and priorities
- Be innately curious and not satisfied with surface answers.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Legal authorization to work in the United States is required.
This job may be subject to a background check, consistent with State and local law, including where applicable the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the California Fair Chance Act.